We use a combination of paid and free sites, including:
We screen tenants using the following methods:
- Credit screening
- Employment/Income verification
- Rental history verification
- Eviction History
- Criminal background check
Our pricing structure varies depending on the following factors:
- Age & condition of building (expected maintenance issues)
- Distance (from office, from other properties we manage)
We currently manage commercial and residential properties in the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Newport News and Williamsburg, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, Goochland, New Kent, York, and James City.
Our fee structure is typically broken down into three fees: a leasing fee, a management fee and a renewal fee.
Our leasing fee includes:
- Assessing market rent amount
- Coordinating the advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Procuring lease
- Collecting security deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
- Collecting rent
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Coordinating evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Reconciling security deposits
- Strategic long-term planning including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
- Reassessing market rent
- Contacting owner to ask if they want to renew and advising owner on new rental amount
- Reaching out to tenant to negotiate the renewal
- Procuring a signed renewal letter or in some cases, a new lease
We manage single-family homes, multi-family dwellings, apartment complexes, office space, and retail space.
For more information about Richmond Property Management, please visit our educational blog.
"Class act company. Knowledgeable staff that provides quality personal service. I couldn't imagine working with anyone else for property management."
— Chad Milburn —