Richmond Property Management
Dodson Property Management was founded in Richmond, VA in 2007. The Richmond office of DPM covers the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, King William and Goochland. DPM now manages over 1100 units throughout the Greater Richmond Area.
For information about our our Richmond property management company, please fill out the lead form on the right of this page.
How Our Richmond Property Managers Can Help
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on our Property Management services please review the FAQs below.
Q: What services are included when you lease and/or manage a property?
A: Our fee structure is typically broken down into three fees: a leasing fee, a management fee and a renewal fee.
Our leasing fee includes:
- Assessing market rent amount
- Coordinating the advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Procuring lease
- Collecting security deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
- Collecting rent
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Coordinating evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Reconciling security deposits
- Strategic long-term planning including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
- Reassessing market rent
- Contacting owner to ask if they want to renew and advising owner on new rental amount
- Reaching out to tenant to negotiate the renewal
- Procuring a signed renewal letter or in some cases, a new lease
Q: In what areas do you manage properties?
A: We currently manage commercial and residential properties in the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Newport News and Williamsburg, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, Goochland, New Kent, York, and James City.
Q: How do you advertise properties for rent?
A: We use a combination of paid and free sites, including:
Q: How much do you charge to lease and manage a property?
A: Our pricing structure varies depending on the following factors:
- Age & condition of building (expected maintenance issues)
- Distance (from office, from other properties we manage)
Q: How do you screen tenants?
A: We screen tenants using the following methods:
- Credit screening
- Employment/Income verification
- Rental history verification
- Eviction History
- Criminal background check
Q: What types of properties do you manage?
A: We manage single-family homes, multi-family dwellings, apartment complexes, office space, and retail space.
"Duke is a knowledgeable
professional who looks out
for our best interests. He
finds the right tenant and is
available at all times and
promptly. I recommend
Duke to anyone who is
looking for property
— Ric Hoffman —
Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel