Richmond Property Management
Dodson Property Management was founded in Richmond, VA in 2007. The Richmond office of DPM covers the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, King William and Goochland. DPM now manages over 2000 units throughout the Greater Richmond Area.
For information about our Richmond property management company, please fill out the lead form on the right of this page»
- Assessing market rent amount
- Coordinating the advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Procuring lease
- Collecting security deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
Full Service Management:
- Collecting rent
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Coordinating evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Reconciling security deposits
- Strategic long-term planning including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
Lease Renewal Servies:
- Reassessing market rent
- Contacting owner to ask if they want to renew and advising owner on new rental amount
- Reaching out to tenant to negotiate the renewal
- Procuring a signed renewal letter or in some cases, a new lease
Request a Free Quote!
"Duke is a knowledgeable professional who looks out for our best interests. He finds the right tenant and is available
at all times and answers questions promptly. I recommend Duke to anyone who is looking for property management."
— Ric Hoffman —
Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel
“Dodson Property Management has been managing my apartment complex for the past 4 years
and I have been very happy with the results."
-Ryan Sedwick –
How Our Richmond Property Managers Can Help
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on our Property Management services please review the FAQs below.
We screen tenants using the following methods:
- Credit screening
- Employment/Income verification
- Rental history verification
- Eviction History
- Criminal background check
Richmond Area Info
The city of Richmond was founded in 1742 as an expansion of the Tidewater area and the Jamestown settlement. From Patrick Henry’s famed “Give Me Liberty or Give Me Death” speech in historic Church Hill to the modern day Westward sprawl and development of the Short Pump area, Richmond has a proud history.
The 5 mile stretch that is Monument Avenue is the only street listed as a National Historic Landmark in America. Monument Ave is home to shrines for six native Virginians spanning the Commonwealth’s great history. From Robert E. Lee to Arthur Ashe, Monument Ave is a testament to the impact of Virginians on not just the area, but our nations’ history.
Most of Monument Avenue is located within the popular Fan District and the Museum District which is home to The Virginia Museum of Fine Arts (among others), restaurants and historic housing. This makes the area an attraction to tourists and locals.
Nicknamed “The River City”, Richmond is blessed by the James River running directly through its city limits. Once known as a trade route for tobacco crops, the River has been transformed in recent years and is now a hotbed of activity. Hosting festivals such as nationally recognized “Dominion RiverRock”, The River is now one of the most attractive features of a city full of them.