Colonial Heights Property Management
Dodson Property Management was founded in Richmond, VA in 2007. The Richmond office of DPM covers the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, King William and Goochland. DPM now manages over 1500 units throughout the Greater Richmond Area.
For information about our Colonial Heights property management company, please fill out the lead form on the right of this page»
- Assessing market rent amount
- Coordinating the advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Procuring lease
- Collecting security deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
Full Service Management:
- Collecting rent
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Coordinating evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Reconciling security deposits
- Strategic long-term planning including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
Lease Renewal Servies:
- Reassessing market rent
- Contacting owner to ask if they want to renew and advising owner on new rental amount
- Reaching out to tenant to negotiate the renewal
- Procuring a signed renewal letter or in some cases, a new lease
Request a Free Quote!
"Duke is a knowledgeable professional who looks out for our best interests. He finds the right tenant and is available
at all times and answers questions promptly. I recommend Duke to anyone who is looking for property management."
— Ric Hoffman —
Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel
“Dodson Property Management has been managing my apartment complex for the past 4 years
and I have been very happy with the results."
-Ryan Sedwick –
How Our Colonial Heights Property Managers Can Help
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on our Property Management services please review the FAQs below.
We use a combination of paid and free sites, including:
Colonial Heights Area Info
Colonial Heights is an independent city in Virginia, United States. As of the 2010 census, the population was 17,411. The Bureau of Economic Analysis combines the City of Colonial Heights (along with the City of Petersburg) with Dinwiddie County for statistical purposes.
Like much of eastern Virginia, the site of Colonial Heights was located within the Algonquian-speaking confederation known as Tenakomakah, ruled by Chief Powhatan, when the English colonists arrived at Jamestown on May 14, 1607. Captain John Smith's early map of Virginia testifies that the present area of Colonial Heights included the principal town of the Appamattuck subtribe, led by their weroance, Coquonasum, and his sister, Oppussoquionuske. In the aftermath of the Indian attacks of 1622 and 1644, the Appamattuck became tributary to England and relocated to nearby Ettrick, and its opposite bank, near Fort Henry (within modern-day Petersburg, Virginia).
The area including present-day Colonial Heights was made a part of "Henrico Cittie", one of 4 huge "incorporations" formed in the Virginia Colony in 1619 by the London Company. English colonists first settled in the Colonial Heights area in 1620. A small group sailed up the Appomattox River looking for clear land, and finally settled in an area where Swift Creek runs into the Appomattox River, which they named Conjurer's Neck. This confluence was formerly the residence a Native American healer (known as a "conjurer") who was thought to have cast spells over the waters.
- Source: Wikipedia