Church Hill Property Management
Dodson Property Management was founded in Richmond, VA in 2007. The Richmond office of DPM covers the cities of Richmond, Petersburg, Hopewell and Colonial Heights, as well as the counties of Hanover, Henrico, Chesterfield, King William and Goochland. DPM now manages over 1500 units throughout the Greater Richmond Area.
For information about our Church Hill property management company, please fill out the lead form on the right of this page »
- Assessing market rent amount
- Coordinating the advertising for the property for rent
- Showing property to potential tenants
- Screening potential tenants
- Procuring lease
- Collecting security deposit
- Performing move-in inspection
- Coordinating routine maintenance issues while property is vacant (cleaning, lawn maintenance, etc.)
Full Service Management:
- Collecting rent
- Notifying tenants with a pay or quit notice when they are late
- Assessing and collecting late fees
- Coordinating evictions
- Receiving maintenance requests from tenants and dispatching professional, reliable, and fairly-priced subcontractors
- Performing regular inspections as well as move-out inspections
- Reconciling security deposits
- Strategic long-term planning including recommendations for long-term maintenance issues, potential rent increases, etc.
- Monthly and year-end financial reporting to make your year-end tax filing as simple as possible
Lease Renewal Servies:
- Reassessing market rent
- Contacting owner to ask if they want to renew and advising owner on new rental amount
- Reaching out to tenant to negotiate the renewal
- Procuring a signed renewal letter or in some cases, a new lease
Request a Free Quote!
"Duke is a knowledgeable professional who looks out for our best interests. He finds the right tenant and is available
at all times and answers questions promptly. I recommend Duke to anyone who is looking for property management."
— Ric Hoffman —
Cohen, Chase, Hoffman & Schimmel
“Dodson Property Management has been managing my apartment complex for the past 4 years
and I have been very happy with the results."
-Ryan Sedwick –
How Our Church Hill Property Managers Can Help
Frequently Asked Questions
For information on our Property Management services please review the FAQs below.
We use a combination of paid and free sites, including:
Church Hill Area Info
Church Hill, also known as the St. John's Church Historic District, is an Old and Historic District
in Richmond, Virginia. This district encompasses the original land plat of the city of Richmond.
Church Hill is the eastern terminus of Broad Street, a major east-west thoroughfare in the Richmond
Metropolitan Area, and one of the longest, which carries U.S. Route 250. The name Church Hill is often
used to describe both the specific historic district and the larger general area in the East End
encompassing other neighborhoods such as Union Hill, Chimborazo, Fairmount, Peter Paul, Woodville, etc.
Church Hill is known as the site of Virginia's second revolutionary convention where Patrick Henry gave his "Give me liberty or give me death" speech in St. John's Episcopal Church, Richmond, Virginia. It is also known for Chimborazo Park, where the largest American Civil War Hospital was located.
The Church Hill neighborhood experienced serious physical decline during the 1950s, owing mostly to absentee landlords. The Historic Richmond Foundation was established in 1956 by Elisabeth Scott Bocock out of concern for "saving and enhancing the setting for St. John's Church." In 1957, encouraged in large part by Historic Richmond, City Council created a historic district ordinance while simultaneously adopting the St. John's Church Old and Historic District. The preservation of Church Hill marked the formal beginning of the preservation movement in Richmond.
- Source: Wikipedia